V.M.D, Ph.D. Chief Scientific Officer
Dr. Davis is certified as a Diplomate, American College of Veterinary Pathologists and has over 20 years of research experience in female endocrine
and reproductive pathology and cancers (ovarian, uterine, breast). She established and served as the Acting Chief for the first National Institutes
of Health research laboratory focused on women’s health (Laboratory of Women’s Health) while at the National Institute of Environmental Health
Sciences (NIEHS), Research Triangle Park, NC. During this time she also served as the principal investigator for the Fibroid Growth Study,
(Clinical Trial Registry: www.clinicaltrials.com; Registry name: Fibroid Growth Study; NCT00340288) and responsible for study design, funding
and budget, IRB approvals, coordinating sites, establishing the medical and management teams, patient recruitment, data collection, analysis
and coordinating publications. Realizing the need for safe and effective therapies for cancer, Dr. Davis subsequently worked in biopharmaceutical
companies involved with the development of novel anti-cancer small molecules and antibodies, working closely with our medical oncologists in
efficacy studies, non-GLP and GLP toxicity studies toxicology. She is adjunct professor at Tufts University and has over 70 original research
publications and book chapters.
- Davis, BJ, Risinger JI, Chandramouli GVR, Baird DD, Peddada SD. Gene Expression in Uterine Leiomyoma from Tumors Likely to Be Growing (from Black Women over 35) and Tumors Likely to Be Non-Growing (from White Women over 35), Plos One, 2013 (DOI: 10.3410/f.718021284.793479794). Selected for F1000Prime as being of special significance in its field
- Davis BJ, Haneke KE, Miner K, Kowalik, A, Barrett JC, Peddada S, Baird DD. The Fibroid Growth Study: Determinants of therapeutic intervention. Journal of Women’s Health , 18(5):725-32, 2009.
- Peddada, SD, Laughlin, K, Miner, K, Guyon, J-P, Haneke, K., Vahdat, HL, Semelka, RC, Kowalik, A, Armao, D, Davis, B, and Baird, DD. Growth of uterine leiomyomata among pre-menopausal black and white women. Proceedings National Academy of Sciences USA, 105:19887-92, 2008.
- Adibi JJ, Whyatt RM, Hauser R, Bhat HK, Davis BJ, Calafat AM, Hoepner LA, Perera FP, Tang D, Williams PL. Transcriptional biomarkers of steroidogenesis and trophoblast differentiation in the placenta in relation to prenatal phthalate exposure. Environmental Health Perspectives, 118(2):291-6, 2010.
- 5. Cook, JD,Davis, BJ, Cai, S-L, Barrett, JC, Conti, CJ, Walker, CL. Interaction between genetic susceptibility and early life environmental exposure determines tumor suppressor gene penetrance. Proceedings National Academy of Sciences USA, 102: 8644-9, 2005.
- Davis, B. Endometrial stromal polyps in rodents: biology, etiology and relevance to disease in women. Toxicologic Pathology. 40(3):419-24, 2012. Epub 2012 Jan 3
- Li, S, Miner, K, Fannin, R, Barrett, JC, and Davis, BJ. Cyclooxygenase-1 and 2 (Cox-1 and Cox-2) in normal and malignant human ovarian epithelium. Gynecological Oncology 92: 622-7, 2004.
- Houle, C, Ding, X-Y, Foley, JF, Afshari, CA, Barrett, JC, and Davis, BJ. Loss of expression and altered localization of KAI1 and CD9 protein are associated with epithelial ovarian cancer progression. Gynecological Oncology 86: 69-78, 2002.
- McAllister, KA, Bennett ,LM, Houle, CD, Ward, T, Malphurs J, Collins, NK, Cachafeiro, C, Haseman, J, Goulding, EH, Bunch, D, Eddy, EM, Davis, BJ, and Wiseman, R. Cancer susceptibility of mice with a homozygous deletion in the C-terminal domain of the Brca2 gene. Cancer Research 62: 990-994, 2002.
- Bennett, LM, McAllister, KA, Malphurs, Ward, T, Collins, NK, Seely, JC, Gowen, L, Koller, B. Davis, BJ, Wiseman, RW. Brca1- and Brca2-deficient mice display distinct mammary gland and ovarian phenotypes in response to diethylstilbestrol. Cancer Research 60:3461-3469, 2000.
- Davis, BJ, Miller, BD, McCurdy, E, Lucier, GW, Tritscher, A. Ovarian tumors induced by chronic treatment with 2,3,7,8-tetrachlorodibenzo-p-dioxin. Cancer Research 60:5414-5419, 2000
- Couse, JF, Hewitt,SC, Bunch, DO, Sar, M, Walker, VR, Davis, BJ, Korach, KS. Postnatal sex-reversal of the ovaries in mice lacking estrogen receptors alpha and beta. Science 286: 2328-2331, 1999.
- Davis, BJ, Lennard, DE, Lee, C, Tiano, H, Morham, S, Wetsel, WC, Langenbach, R. Anovulation in cyclooxygenase-2 deficient mice is restored by prostaglandin E2 or interleukin 1. Endocrinology 140: 2685-2695, 1999
- Davis BJ, Maronpot RR. Chemically associated toxicity and carcinogenicity of the ovary. Progress in Clinical Biological Research 394:285-308, 1996.